ABOUT THE COMPANY – AGBIZ
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Agbiz Centenary Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read ful.l details
The Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz) was established as the Co-operative Council, in order to represent the interests of agricultural co-operatives in the year 1946. However, in 1995 the company underwent a name change to Agricultural Co-operative Business (ACB), following South Africa’s deregulation of agriculture. Another name change took place in 2003, to the Agricultural Business Chamber (ABC). Finally, in 2012 the ABC was relaunched as Agbiz.
Today, Agbiz is an association of agribusinesses who operate in South Africa and southern Africa. The companues slogan is, “The way to prosperity”. They are ultimately responsible for ensuring that agribusiness positively influences the development, transformation and economic growth of South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Agbiz bursary aims to promote the research of agribusiness related fields, at Masters or PhD level. Bursaries will be awarded within the following postgraduate (master’s or PhD degree) fields of study:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agribusiness Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded to the total value of R36 000.00 and will be awarded for 1 academic year only. Students must reapply for funding each year and may be funded if academic performance is satisfactory.
The successful bursary recipient will be contacted by mid January 2020 – if you do not receive any feedback by that time, please regarding your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed a related undergraduate degree qualification OR in your final year of study in your undergraduate degree qualification
- Registered or qualified to register for a postgraduate (PhD/ Masters) degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Registered to study at a recognised South African university
- Excellent academic results
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for major subjects
- Preference will be given to students pursuing the most relevant field of study, as well as students who agree to be guided by Agbiz in selecting a research topic
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You are also required to read the Agbiz Centenary Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ proof of SA citizenship (certified copy)
- Full academic record stating completion of an undergraduate degree (on tertiary institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of recommendation from head of department or academic supervisor (max 1 page)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary and how the bursary will be used (max 1 page)
- Declaration of any other funding/ bursary programme that you receive (if applicable)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
PO Box 76297
Your application should be clearly marked as follows: “Agbiz Centenary Bursary Bursary Application – Your Full Name”
6 December 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Agbiz Centenary directly:
Contact Person: Liezl Esterhuizen
Tel: 012 807 6686