ABOUT THE COMPANY – ASTRAZENECA
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about AstraZeneca Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
AstraZeneca plc is a British multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company, founded in 1999 and headquartered in Cambridge, England. The company was formed through a merger between the Swedish Astra AB and the British Zeneca Group and is now one of the top forward-thinking and connected BioPharmaceutical companies in the world,.
AstraZeneca is comprised of over 65 000 people in over 100 countries, all of whose main focus is to deliver life-changing medicines to fuel growth and contribute value to patients and society.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
AstraZeneca will be awarding bursaries for the 2021 academic year, to students pursuing their studies within the Science field, majoring in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Medical Science/ Physics. Students must be entering their final year of undergraduate studies or Honours year at the University of Johannesburg or University of Witwatersrand.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- African, Coloured, Indian or Asian
- From a previously marginalized family
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time towards a Science related qualification, majoring in any of the following fields: Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Medical Science/ Physics
- In the final year of undergraduate studies or Honours year
- Studying at one of the following tertiary institutions: University of Johannesburg or University of Witwatersrand
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/
Before you can apply, you will be required to Register an account here: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/Students/Create and then Login here: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/Users/Login
Upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on official letterhead)
- Proof of University registration for 2021 (on official letterhead)
- Recent Fees Statement (on official letterhead)
- Motivation letter to support your application (maximum 500 words)
- Proof of family income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit unemployed)
15 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Fundi (AstraZeneca bursary administrator) directly: