ABOUT THE COMPANY – BAKER HUGHES
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Baker Hughes Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 / read full details.
Baker Hughes is a global energy technology company, founded in 1907. Operating in more than 120 countries, it is one of the biggest oil field services companies in the world, providing products and services to the oil and gas industry.
Baker Hughes South Africa (Pty) Ltd was established in 1980. Located in Cape Town, Western Cape, the company is part of the Manufacturing Sector Industry, whose line of business includes wholesale distribution of industrial machinery and equipment.
ABOUT THE BAKER HUGHES BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Baker Hughes are inviting Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, who are registered to study in one of these fields, to apply for the bursary award:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: funding for the entire duration of your studies (all expenses on your fee statement will be covered, including tuition and accommodation).
Baker Hughes bursary recipients will also be offered vacation work opportunities at the company, whereby they will gain industry experience. They will also be offered potential mentorship opportunities by experienced company employees and the possibility of employment after graduation.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BAKER HUGHES BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications (at undergraduate or postgraduate level)
- You must be in your 2nd or later year of study (1st year students will not be funded)
- You must be studying at a public university in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving NSFAS funding or any other bursary funding
- You must have outstanding student debt from 2021 only (no debt from previous years)
- You must have a family household income of less than R600 000 per annum (this excludes Baker Hughes employees and their children)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BAKER HUGHES BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: https://bakerhughesbursary.co.za/apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or both sides of ID card (certified copy: not older than 6 months)
- Full academic transcripts/ records (from 1st year until the end of 2020) (on tertiary letterhead)
- Official fee statement, less than 30 days old (on tertiary letterhead and/or stamped) (NOT proof of registration or fee quotation)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary and why the company should invest in you (maximum 300 words)
- If disabled: EEA1 form & medical letter stating your disability (students can download the EEA1 form here)
1) Successful candidates will be contacted telephonically and via email. Do not contact Baker Hughes to enquire about the status of your application.
2) Students should read the Baker Hughes Bursary T&C’s before applying.
3) The Baker Hughes Bursary is administered by Feenix.
CLOSING DATES FOR THE BAKER HUGHES BURSARY
11 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Baker Hughes directly:
Tel: 063 968 7544
Please do NOT contact Baker Hughes if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 7 June 2021.