ABOUT THE COMPANY – BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Bergrivier Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
The Bergrivier Municipality is based in the Western Cape province of South Africa and located within the West Coast District Municipality. It is a local municipality that governs the towns of Velddrif, Piketberg, Porterville and surrounding rural areas and villages.
The Bergrivier Municipality stretches over an area of more than 4400 square km, from the Groot Winterhoek Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. It is bordered by
the Witzenberg Municipality, the Cederberg Municipality, the Swartland Municipality, the Saldanha Bay Municipality and the Drakenstein Municipality.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Bergrivier Municipality is offering bursaries to students who permanently reside within the Bergrivier municipal area, to help fund their studies towards a first Degree or National Diploma in ANY field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed books, study materials and accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Bergrivier Municipal area
- Studying or intend on studying towards your first Degree or National Diploma
- Studying or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Meet the entry requirements of your tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to students between 18 and 35 years old, however students of all ages may apply
- Preference will be given to students whose total family income (parents or legal guardians) is less than the GAP housing threshold
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at tertiary institute (on tertiary institutes letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees payable (statement/ account/ invoice) (on tertiary institutes letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Parents/ guardian’s ID documents (certified copies)
- Proof of household income (pay slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension slips if applicable)
- Declaration that an student is not receiving a full bursary and declaring all other assistance from another institution
Applications must be hand delivered to any of the following municipal offices:
– Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325
– Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335
– Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320
– Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810
– Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105
– Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365
Please note the following important details:
1) Applications must be marked for attention: Mr JWA Kotzee (Director: Corporate Services).
2) Do NOT email or fax your application as this will result in your application being disqualified.
13 November 2020 (at 15:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bergrivier Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr D Baumeester
Tel: 022 913 6055