ABOUT THE COMPANY – BOWMANS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Bowmans Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details
Bowmans (previously known as Bowman Gilfillan) is a corporate law firm, in fact it is one of South Africa’s “Big Five law firms”. The company wad formed in 1998 as the result of a merger between 3 law firms, namely Bowman Gilfillan Hayman Godfrey; John & Kernick and Findlay & Tait.
The firm employs in excess of 400 specialised lawyers, and over 550 staff members. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, the firm also has offices in 4 countries across Africa (namely South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda).
Bowmans provide specialist legal services over a range of dispute resolution, commercial and corporate law, and finance and banking law. Services are provided in the following sectors: Construction; Mining; Infrastructure; Industrial; Ports, Transport and Logistics; Hotels and Leisure; Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Financial Institutions; Consumers Goods; Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare.
ABOUT THE BOWMANS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bowmans are inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Each year, Bowmans awards bursaries to Matriculants with excellent results who intend on studying Law, as well as high achieving students currently studying Law.
This is a full cost bursary, which will cover all study related expenses. Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BOWMANS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Law qualification
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your current year of study
- You must have an excellent academic performance
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be passionate about Law
- You must be a team player
- Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BOWMANS BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Bowmans Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full university transcript/ record AND a marked legal assignment, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed: certified copies, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or SASSA grant, if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BOWMANS BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bowmans directly:
Tel: 021 480 7800 / 011 669 9000
Please do NOT contact Bowmans if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 6 July 2021.
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about /read full details