ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPE WINELANDS DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Cape Winelands District Municipality Mayoral Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Cape Winelands District Municipality (CWDM) is located in the Boland of the Western Cape province and was previously known as the Boland District Municipality. Positioned between the coastal regions of the Overberg and the West Coast, next to the Cape Metropolitan area, it covers an area of over 20 000 square kilometers.
The district seat is Worcester and the CWDM is divided into 5 local municipalities – Stellenbosch, Witzenberg, Langeberg, Drakenstein and the Breede Valley. The municipalities largest towns include Stellenbosch, Worcester, Wellington and Paarl.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cape Winelands District Municipality bursary is intended for students who reside (on a permanent basis) within the CWDM areas (Breede Valley, Drakenstein, Langeberg, Stellenbosch and Witzenberg).
Bursaries will be awarded to students in the following fields of study (Degree/ National Diploma/ National Certificate):
- Engineering Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Artisans (all trades)
- Risk Management and Performance Management
- Social and Community Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Studying or plan to study towards a Degree/ National Diploma/ National Certificate in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Students in financial need
- Students who excel academically
- Permanently reside within the Cape Winelands District Municipality jurisdiction
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Unfortunately the Cape Winelands District Municipality`s Bursary Programme will not be awarding any more bursaries after 2018.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate/ latest Matric results (certified copy),
- Full academic record (certified copy),
- Proof of residence (utility bill),
- Proof of income (3 months latest payslips/ affidavit if unemployed).
30 November 2017 (16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cape Winelands District Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr LJ Farmer (Municipal Manager)
Tel: 023 348 2335