ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPE WOOL SA
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Cape Wools SA (CWSA) was established as an association in 1997 and is currently the South African Wool Industry’s official industry representative organisation. Cape Wools are responsible for representing the interests of the wool processors, wool buyers, wool buyers, wool traders, wool brokers, small stock breeders, the wool testing group and labour.
The mission of the organisation is to provide support to the wool industry of South Africa, by way of research and development, market intelligence and promotion through projects.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Wool Industry Bursary Trust was formed to to financially assist students towards obtaining a tertiary qualification relating to employment in the South African wool industry. Bursaries are awarded within the Textile/ Fashion Design field, with focus on wool studies.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary may cover the following expenses (based on the decision of the CWSA): registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed books and other study-related materials.
Bursaries are awarded on an annual basis and are renewed based on the students academic performance.
Students will be required to undertake vacation work for up to 4 weeks per annum on an active wool farm. Once students have graduated, they must seek employment at an approved farm or organization within the wool or related industry, for 1 year for each year of funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in the wool industry
- Must meet all the admission requirements of the institution
- Preference will be given to Agricultural College students and tertiary students pursuing fashion and textile design studies
- Preference will be given to students in their 3rd year of study and onward (Honours/ Masters/ PHD) in a wool or sheep focused direction
Grootfontein Agricultural College students must have the following minimum criteria:
- Must specialize in wool in 3rd year if needing a bursary for 1st or 2nd year
- Bursary funding will be awarded for the next year based: the previous semester / year academic results in accordance with Grootfontein College’s rules and conditions; access to funding from other bursaries; and any disciplinary actions
- Practical on farm training will be supported, if required, to maximum of R20 000 per student, which must be paid to the farmer to defray costs For Study at Tertiary Institutions in the direction of Textile or fashion design, with focus on wool and the final year collection must consist of garments containing a minimum of 50% wool
- Masters degree students must focus on wool and its applications
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (on the tertiary institutions letterhead)
- Proof of any other bursary received or applied
- Proof of permanent residence
- Motivational letter
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Manager
Cape Wools SA
P.O. Box 2191
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cape Wool SA directly:
Tel: 041 484 4301
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org