ABOUT THE COMPANY – CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR
We (sagist.co.za team ) are pleased to inform you about Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read full details.
The history of Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc dates back all the way to 1853 when W E Moore & Son was founded. The company later became Syfret Godlonton-Fuller Moore and in 2008, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc was born as the result of a merger between Cliffe Dekker and Hofmeyr, Herbstein & Gihwala.
The proudly South African full service law firm now employs over 350 lawyers across their Johannesburg and Cape Town offices. In fact, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr (member of the international DLA Piper Group) is one of South Africa’s biggest business law firms.
The companies expertise lie within the following areas: employment; pro bono and human rights; dispute resolution; real estate; trusts and estates; finance and banking; corporate and commercial; projects and infrastructure; technology and sourcing; tax and exchange control; environmental; competition.
The companies key sectors include arbitration; finance and banking; telecommunications; oil, energy and gas; mining and minerals; hospitality and leisure; and projects and infrastructure.
ABOUT THE CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Each year Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr award bursaries to deserving students (who can prove strong academic performance and financial merit) within the Law faculty. For the 2022 academic year, bursaries will be awarded for full time studies towards an LLB (Undergraduate or Postgraduate) qualification.
During the course of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to:
- Attend a vacation programmes for law students, if invited
- Submit all academic results and progress reports, if required
- Agree to a right of first refusal regarding the Practical Vocational Training
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must be studying towards an LLB degree qualification (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying full time at a University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 63%
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have excellence in another field
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursary Application 2022
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ drivers licence (certified copy)
- Matric certificates (certified copy)
- Full University academic record/ transcript (on institutes letterhead)
- Covering letter (including the following: why you deserve to be awarded a bursary, what is important to you in life and any other information you would like to bring attention to)
- Curriculum Vitae
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR BURSARY
1 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr directly:
Tel: 011 562 1000
Cape Town office
Tel: 021 481 6300
Please do NOT contact Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 2 June 2021.