ABOUT THE COMPANY – DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Department of Arts and Culture Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) is a departments of the South African government, headed by the Minister of Arts and Culture. The DAC is responsible for the promotion, development, protection, preservation and support of the South African arts; culture and heritage, as well as the countries monuments; museums and heritage sites.
The Department of Sports, Arts & Culture is inviting students to apply for bursaries. The bursaries will be awarded to qualifying students who want to pursue their studies in heritage related programmes.
The Departments value statement commits them to the following core values: Integrity, Accountability, Patriotism, Innovation/ Creativity, Professionalism and Ubuntu.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture are inviting students to apply for the DSAC Bursary programme for the 2021 academic year. Students who have strong academic records, are financially needs and pursuing studies in heritage related fields may apply.
The bursary is specifically for studies in these fields:
- Anthropology (including forensic anthropology)
- Archaeology (marine, forensic, etc)
- Archives and Records Management
- Art History and Fine Arts
- Conservation of the Built Environment
- Conservation and Preventive Conservation
- Collections Management (Cultural and Natural)
- Heritage Resources Management
- Information Science (specialising in Records Management)
- Museum Management and Curatorship
- and other courses that contribute to the preserving and promoting Indigenous Knowledge Systems and S.A. Living Heritage
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following study related expenses: tuition fees (full coverage), prescribed books (full coverage), accommodation (up to a maximum of R50 000 where applicable) and meals (up to a maximum of R18 500 where applicable). All funds will be paid directly to the institution where the student is undertaking their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Must have an excellent academic record
- Must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet all the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting a proposal to either of the following people:
1) Ms Reinette Stander (Deputy Director: International Conventions and Legislation, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture)
2) Mr Maano Muhadi (Deputy Director: Heritage Policy, Research and Development, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture)
Attach clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your emailed proposal (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record and latest results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips certified copies/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension statement)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
30 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture directly:
Contact Person: Ms Reinette Stander
Tel: 012 441 3711
Contact Person: Mr Maano Muhadi
Tel: 012 441 3622
Please do NOT contact the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 17 March 2021 at 16:29.