ABOUT THE COMPANY – ELIDZ
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about East London IDZ Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ) is a public entity who promotes clean administration and are committed to eradicating Fraud and Misconduct.
ELIDZ, in partnership with the Mathematics, Science and Technology (MST) Skills Development Foundation are offering bursary funding to suitable candidates.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The East London IDZ Bursary is aimed at disadvantaged students who are studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate qualification in one of the following fields (as well as related fields):
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, prescribed study materials, accommodation in residence and meals.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Shortlisted candidates will be by no later than 31 January – if you do not receive feedback by then, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary recipients will be required to undergo progress monitoring interviews, quarterly or annually, during the period of their bursary award.
Students must partake in vacation work during the course of the mid-year and end-of-year holidays, during the period of their bursary award. Students are NOT required to pay back the bursary, as long as they maintain a minimum average of 60% per annum
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen/ naturalized South African citizen
- Between 16 and 25 years old
- Reside within the Eastern Cape province
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Obtained a minimum of 60% for Mathematics (NOT Maths Lit) AND 60% overall average for other subjects in the Matric mid-year and end-of-year exams
- Studying or have applied to study towards a full-time undergraduate qualification in Mathematics/ Science/ Technology or related fields
- Intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification
- Studying or have applied to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- NOT currently in possession of any other bursary funding
- From a historically disadvantaged background/ rural area/ poor community
- Disabled students are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the East London IDZ Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include copies of the following supporting documents with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: June exam results (stamped by your school) AND Matric final statement of results (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Current tertiary students: latest academic record/ transcript (on university letterhead and stamped) (certified copy)
- Merit certificates/ other achievements (certified copies)
- University acceptance letter/ provisional acceptance letter
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary (one page)
- Testimonial letter from your high school Principal (if currently in Matric)/ lecturer or university staff member (if currently at tertiary level) (one page)
- Testimonial letter from a prominent member of your community (one page)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslip if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA letter if on state grant)
- Parents/ guardians proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered:
ELIDZ Head Office
Lower Chester Road
(Attn: Rose Wearing / Yandisa Msileni)
MST Skills Development Foundation
6 Webb Street
(For Attn: Daphne)
MST Skills Development Foundation
PO Box 1014
19 January 2018 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the East London IDZ directly:
Tel: 043 702 8200