ABOUT THE COMPANY – FEDISA
We (sagist.co.za team) are please to inform about FEDISA Fashion School Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 | read full details.
FEDISA (Pty) Ltd is a private higher education institution, registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training in South Africa. The fashion school currently offers 3 types of qualifications, namely: Diploma in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing and Media (NQF Level 6), the Bachelor of Arts in Fashion degree (NQF Level 7), and the Bachelor of Arts Honours: Fashion degree (NQF Level 8).
FEDISA has 2 campuses – 1 in Cape Town CBD and and 1 in Sandton. The school is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) of the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), as well as accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) to offer their above mentioned qualifications.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The FEDISA Fashion School are inviting students to apply for their FUTURE VISION Bursary for the 2022 academic year. There will be 2 undergraduate bursaries awarded (to the value of R50 000 each), for undergraduate studies at the FEDISA Fashion Schools in Cape Town or Sandton.
Students who are interested in pursuing a career in the exciting world of fashion, should apply for the FEDISA bursary, which covers these 2 qualifications:
1) Diploma in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing and Media – an NQF6, worth 360 credit, for 3 years of full time studies. The programme contains 4 major non-elective courses (Fashion Buying & Sourcing, Fashion Theory, Visual Merchandising, Marketing & Media and Fashion Retail Management).
2) Bachelor of Arts in Fashion – an NQF7, worth 360 credit, for 3 years of full time studies. The programme contains 4 major courses (Clothing Technology, Lifestyle Studies, Visual Studies, Business Studies), each with sub-components. It includes a 3-week cycle of practical components and weekly rotated theoretical components.
The bursary will provide cover for part of tuition fees only – all other expenses will be for students own account (including registration fees, books, kits, resources levies, consumables, transport, accommodation and living expenses).
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
FUTURE VISION Bursary selection:
- Judges will select 2 winners from the shortlisted finalists – 1 students for studies in Cape Town and 1 for Johannesburg.
- Judges decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners of the bursary will be notified and annouced on 30 September 2021 via telephone, email and social media.
- If the bursary prize is not claimed by the winner within 7 working days of the announcement, a runner up will be selected to receive the bursary.
- Prizes are NOT transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other item.
- Winners entries will be exhibited on FEDISA Fashion School campuses and on social media.
Applicants must download, read and agree to the FEDISA Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen and resident
- Must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- Must have achieved/ will achieve a Bachelor pass or a Diploma pass in Matric
- Must be interested in following a career in fashion (fashion designer/ fashion buyer/ fashion stylist/ fashion editor etc)
- Must meet the entrance criteria for the BA Degree in Fashion Design/ Diploma in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing and Media at FEDISA
- Must be fluent in English (all courses will be taught in English only)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet all the above eligibility criteria, must apply online at: https://www.fedisa.co.za/futurevisionbursary
Applicants will also be required to create a runway look as part of the bursary application. Follow these rules and tips when creating your look:
- You may only submit your own original work.
- You may use materials, artefacts, accessories and garments to style your own FEDISA “Future Vision” Model for the runway.
- You may recycle, upcycle, innovate and individualize to bring your own style to the runway.
- You should style your creation from head to toe – from make-up, hair and hat at the top, to shoes at the bottom.
- Your total look should not cost more than R500 (you will be required to submit proof of expenses).
- You may use any technique to create your garments, shoes and accessories, and they should be carefully packaged.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Receipts and breakdown of your costs for items used to create your look
- Photos of your runway look (including a front view, back view, side view and 3 close ups shots)
- Description of your conceptual and creative process, your innovation and style, how you created your look, what inspired your final styling design and where you found your material (maximum of 500 words)
- Motivational letter explaining why you wish to study at FEDISA Fashion School, why you choose the course of study and why you deserve to be awarded a bursary (maximum of 500 words)
- Garments and accessories used to create your look (must be carefully packaged)
Please note: submissions must be delivered to the Cape Town or Sandton FEDISA campus by 15 August 2021.
15 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact FEDISA directly:
Tel: 021 424 0975
Please do NOT contact FEDISA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 18 March 2021 at 10:45.