ABOUT THE COMPANY – GALLAGHER FOUNDATION
We (sagist.co.za team)are pleased to inform you about Gallagher Foundation Scholarship South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
The Gallagher Foundation was founded in 2001 by Ellen and Jerry Gallagher to provide scholarships to university students in 3 countries, namely South Africa; Mexico and Turkey. The first scholarships awarded by the foundation were in 2002 in South Africa, followed by Mexico in 2004 and Turkey in 2005.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist young leaders with their studies, who they believe will positively impact their developing country by bringing peace and prosperity.
Students are funded to study at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, at ITESM Monterrey Campus in Mexico and at Bogazici University in Turkey.
ABOUT THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Gallagher Foundation are inviting students who are intending on studying at UCT in 2022, to apply for the scholarship award. There will be 9 scholarships awarded (regardless of race, gender or religion), for studies within the following fields:
- Political Science
The full undergraduate scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, study supplies, accommodation, meals, transport and a living allowance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2022
- You must have applied to study at the University of Cape Town and received a conditional acceptance
- You must have achieved high results in all competency areas of the National Benchmark Test
- You must come from a financially disadvantaged backgrounds and show evidence of financial need
- You must have high level of ethical values (including: commitment to make a difference in the country, opposed to violence, strong leadership potential)
- You must demonstrate strong leadership potential (in any of the following leadership activities: extracurricular activities, awards received, service work, special projects)
- You must NOT receive funding from other scholarships (merit based awards are allowed)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: Gallagher Foundation Scholarship Application for 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Recent photograph
- Latest high school academic record (on school letterhead or stamped and signed by the principal)
- Proof of Conditional Acceptance to study at UCT (on UCT letterhead)
- Recommendation letter (from a teacher, mentor, guidance counselor, athletic coach or employer)
- Proof of Income (latest payslips/ letter from employer/ pension documents
IMPORTANT DATES REGARDIBG THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
UCT application open on 1 May 2021.
Gallagher Foundation application opens on 14 June 2021.
Gallagher Foundation application close on 31 August 2021.
NSFAS applications opens (applicants must apply to NSFAS) on 1 September 2021.
Applicants will be notified of their status in the next phase of the selection process on 6 October 2021.
Final Gallagher Foundation candidates will be interviewed on 22 October 2021.
Applicants will be notified of final selection on 25 October 2021.
* Please note: these dates are subject to change due to COVID-19.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gallagher Foundation directly:
Please read the FAQ’s: https://gallagherfoundation.org/faq
Fill out the contact form on their website with your query: https://gallagherfoundation.org/contact
Please do NOT contact the Gallagher Foundation if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 15 June 2021.