ABOUT THE COMPANY – GCRA
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education, a sector of the South African government which is responsible for skill development within Province. The GCRA helps develop skills of students within the province, by way of facilitation and coordination of bursaries, internships, learnerships and career guidance programmes.
ABOUT THE GCRA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) will be awarding bursaries to students who reside within the Gauteng province, for ANY field of study (undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications).
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation in residence (to a maximum of R65 000) or off-campus/private accommodation (to a maximum of R47 000), books, laptop and a living allowance for off-campus/private accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback 4 weeks after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GCRA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within Gauteng province
- Must be between 18 to 35 years old
- Must have completed Matric
- Undergraduate studies: must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification at an accredited PSET institution (Post School Education and Training) (including public Higher Education Institutions, private Higher Education Institutions, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges, private colleges, Community Education and Training colleges and skills development providers)
- Postgraduate studies: must be studying or intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification at an accredited institution of higher learning
Students who meet either of the following 3 criteria will automatically qualify for the bursary (but they must still submit an application):
- Top achievers at a Gauteng-based school
- Top 3 learners from no-fee paying Gauteng-based school
- Top 3 learners from Learners with Special Education Needs (LSEN) Gauteng-based school
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GCRA BURSARY
Applications must be done online here for the GCRA bursary 2021: https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/
You will be required to Register an account (https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Account/Register) before you can Login and apply (https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Account/Login).
- If you need help with the bursary application process, please download the GCRA Bursary Application Guide (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised PSET institution/ institution of higher learning (on letterhead)
- Proof of address in Gauteng (Water and Electricity bill/ stamped ward councilors letter/ letter from traditional authority if in a rural area)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you require and deserve to be awarded the bursary: max 2 pages)
- Disability/ medical report if disabled
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
31 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly:
Tel: 0800 000 789 / 011 355 0000
Read these Frequently Asked Questions before contacting GCRA: https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Home/FAQ
Please do NOT contact GCRA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 4 March 2021 at 10:52.