ABOUT THE COMPANY – GENERAL ELECTRIC
We (sagist.co.za team)are pleased to inform you about General Electric Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
General Electric (GE), funded in 1892, is an American multinational corporation and one of the largest and most-diversified companies on the globe. Headquartered in Boston, USA, the companies subsidiaries include: Aviation, Renewable Energy, Lighting, Power, Additive, Capital, Healthcare, Global Research, Digital and Ventures.
GE has been in operation in South Africa since 1898, and the Johannesburg office was the first overseas office opened outside of the USA. GE South Africa currently has a staff force of around 600 employees, in businesses across the companies key sectors.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
General Electric will be awarding bursaries to students within the following fields:
- Engineering (all fields)
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a stipend.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 30 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (Undergraduate and Honours studies)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African public university
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in current studies
- Proven financial need
- NOT in receipt of funding from another institution or another bursary
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/
Follow these steps to apply:
1) Select the “General Electric Bursary”
2) Select “New Student Profile (here: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/Students/create) where you will fill in your personal information.
3) Check your emails for a confirmation email with your login details.
4) Log in using your login details (here: https://bsp.fundi.co.za/Users/Login)
5) Upload all your supporting documentation, per the list below, before the deadline.
6) Upload your final results as soon as available and await feedback.
If you are having any problems with the online application portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and GESA.Bursaries@ge.com for assistance.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at university (certified copy)
- Confirmation of acceptance or provisional admission (on university letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA letter if on pension)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact General Electric directly:
Tel: 011 518 8122