ABOUT THE COMPANY – HORTGRO
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about HORTGRO Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The history of HORTGRO dates back all the way to 1652 when the first apple seeds were planted by Jan van Riebeeck in the Cape of Good Hope. Today, the company is focused on research and technology, production, transformation, markets and communication in the deciduous fruit industry.
The companies main goal is to guide and direct research within the deciduous fruit industry, to address the industries short term and long term needs. HORTGRO’s members include: the Dried Fruit Technical Services (DFTS); SA Stone Fruit Producers’ Association (SASPA) and SA Apple and Pear Producers’ Association (SAAPPA).
ABOUT THE HORTGRO BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
HORTGRO are inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for studies within the Science field. HORTGRO award bursaries each year to academically deserving students, and since the inception of the bursary programme, the company has provided over R26.5 million worth of bursary funding in contribution to the agricultural workforce.
Students may apply for the 2022 bursary if they are studying, or intend on studying, within one of these fields:
- Agricultural Economics
- Entomology and Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Research and Technical
- Soil/ Water Science
MORE ABOUT THE HORTGRO BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees (up to a limited amount), accommodation on tertiary campus and prescribed books (up to a limited amount).
Bursaries will be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary award is renewable each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- You must studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must meet the admission requirements for your chosen course of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
Download and complete the HORTGRO Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or both sides of your ID Card (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Estimated breakdown of study fees (tuition, books and accommodation)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of any other financial assistance, bursaries or loans being received (if applicable)
- Essay with the following details (about yourself, brief details of your career plans, brief details of where you see yourself in the agricultural environment in the future, and why you should be awarded the bursary) (to be filled in on the application form in your own hand writing)
- 2 contactable references
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “HORTGRO Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HORTGRO BURSARY
15 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact HORTGRO directly:
Tel: 021 870 2900
Please do NOT contact HORTGRO if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 18 May 2021.