ABOUT THE COMPANY – HWSETA
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about HWSETA Bursary Competition South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA) is a skills development authority for the health, social development and veterinary sectors in South Africa. HWSETA is committed to creating an integrated approach to the development and provision of skilled workers in the health and social development field, to provide top quality services.
ABOUT THE HWSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
HWSETA are inviting students to apply for the bursary competition, for the 2022 academic year. There will be 2 bursaries awarded for Undergraduate Degree studies, in the following fields of study:
- Health Science
- Social Science
- Veterinary Science
ABOUT THE HWSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books, accommodation and meals.
The HWSETA funded undergraduate bursaries competition is being organised and administered by HWSETA and its related agencies. Shortlisted candidates will be required to partake in a vetting process and attend an interview – this will take place between 31 May and 30 June 2021.
The HWSETA panel will select 5 to 10 finalists, and thereafter 2 preliminary finalists will be selected and move on to the vetting process.
Winners will be contacted via email and telephone and requested to submit their supporting documents (documents must be submitted within 2 weeks from request).
Candidates that pass the vetting process and have their supporting documents verified, will then be invited to attend the interview.
After a successful interview, bursary recipients will be required to sign a Bursaries Contract and thereafter be announced a winner.
Winners will be announced on HWSETA’s social media platforms and press releases will be sent to major news houses.
Students should read the HWSETA Bursary Competition T&C’s before applying.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HWSETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen and resident
- You must have a valid South African ID Card or ID Book
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or applied to study towards one of the aforementioned undergraduate degrees
- You must be studying or applied to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must pass all your subjects or modules for the current year of study
- You must be doing Mathematics and Science as subjects in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must have passed Matric exemption with Mathematics and Science, if completed Matric
- You must meet the entry requirements set by HWSETA and the tertiary institution
- You must NOT be a staff member of HWSETA or a related agency or promotional partner of HWSETA
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HWSETA BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://hw-careers.co.za/hw-bursary-entry/
After completing the online application (which pre-qualifies candidates), students will then be required to submit a 1 minute motivational video. The video should explain why they should be awarded the bursary and should be uploaded to either of the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Use the hashtag #HWCareerBursaries and tag HWSETA in the post:
- Facebook: @HWSETA
- Twitter: @HWSETA_SA
- Instagram: @hwseta_sa
Once students have uploaded their video entry, they will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the entry was received for the HWSETA bursary competition.
Candidates should only apply once.
The video must not be longer than 1 minute in length.
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of application/ registration at university (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE HWSETA BURSARY
31 May 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact HWSETA directly:
Submit your query via the contact form: https://hw-careers.co.za/contact-us/
Please do NOT contact HWSETA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 25 May 2021.