ABOUT THE COMPANY – MOTSEPE FOUNDATION
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Motsepe Foundation Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Patrice and Precious Motsepe (the Motsepe family) were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge. The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the wealthiest individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy. The Giving Pledge was founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, and since its inception, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
The Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalised within the country. This will be done by various projects and initiatives that will help beneficiaries to become independent and self-sustaining.
ABOUT THE MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Motsepe Foundation are inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, which will be awarded or studies within the following fields:
- Medical Studies
- Business Studies
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- You must be studying OR intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
Download and complete the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of other household members (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to submit the following documents during in the final stages of the bursary selection process:
- Final Matric results (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter/ proof of registration
- Student number
- Fees statement, if currently at tertiary level
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MOTSEPE FOUNDATION BURSARY
15 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Motsepe Foundation directly:
Tel: 011 324 1500