ABOUT THE COMPANY – MPUMALANGA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
We ( sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Mpumalanga Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read full details.
The Province of Mpumalanga covers over 78 000 square kilometers, populated by approximately 3 million citizens, which makes up just 7.3% of South Africa’s population.
The Mpumalanga Department of Health aims to improve the well-being and health of its citizens, by providing them with a basic health care delivery system via a network of health care services conducted by skilled Health Workers.
As one of the departments of the South African government, the Mpumalanga Department of Health’s values include: Honesty; Ethical; Empathy; Affordability; Accountability; Reliability; Integrity; Confidentiality; Commitment; Competency; Appropriateness; Timeousness and Collectiveness.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Mpumalanga Department of Health bursary will be awarded for a 3 year Diploma in Nursing at the Mpumalanga College of Nursing.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: SANC registration fee, accommodation, monthly stipend, yearly book allowance and a yearly uniform allowance.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
Students will attend lectures to gain theoretical knowledge, as well as take part in Work Integrated Learning within health facilities.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to sign an employment agreement with the Department of Health to “work back” the bursary for an equal number of years as the bursary awarded.
Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you have not received any feedback by 31 January 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 18 and 36 years old
- Reside within the Mpumalanga province
- Studying or intend on studying towards a 3 year Nursing Diploma at the Mpumalanga College of Nursing, starting in 2021
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Qualify to study towards a Diploma/ Degree based on Matric results
- Achieved a minimum of level 3 (SG “D” or HG “E”) for Mathematics OR a minimum of level 4 (SG “C” or HG “D”) for Mathematical Literacy in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of level 3 (SG “D” or HG “E”) for Geography/ Physical Science/ Agriculture
- Achieved a minimum of level 4 (SG “C” or HG “D”) for Biology/ Physiology/ Life Sciences in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of level 4 (SG “C” or HG “D”) for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall Admission Point Score (APS) of 23 points for six highest subjects
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://ehr.mpuhealth.gov.za/intakeform/security.aspx
You will be required to register an account before you can login and apply.
Note: please do NOT post, fax or email your applications – you must apply online as stated above.
The following supporting documentation will be required should you be shortlisted – please do not submit your documents unless you receive feedback from the Mpumalanga Department of Health (all documents will be verified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if certificate is not available yet (certified copy)
- Proof of residence from local municipality/ Tribal Authority
6 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mpumalanga Department of Health directly:
Contact Person: Mr SS Nyoni
Tel: 013 796 1308/ 066 546 0428 (Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 16:00)