ABOUT THE COMPANY – ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Rotary Club of Newlands Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Rotary Club of Newlands was established in South Africa in 1994 and is one of the largest clubs in their district. Their membership consists of individuals between the ages of 28 and 80, and the club obtains most of its funding via volunteer staff and the management of marshals across the Western Cape. The Rotatory Club of Newlands aims to find opportunities and ways to face many of the country’s social and economic issues, and they believe in the importance of working with the youth of various communities.
Rotary International is one of the world’s leading humanitarian service organizations, with more than 1.2 million members all over the globe. Their projects range from promoting peace to fighting disease, providing clean water and sanitation services, helping women and children, providing educational support, as well as growing communities’ economies. Rotary International has more than 35 000 clubs over the world, with individuals all working together to prevent many of the world’s issues.
ABOUT THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Rotary Club of Newlands is inviting students to apply for a bursary opportunity, that covers ALL fields of study. Bursaries are awarded each year, for courses that are at least 2 years long, with funding starting from the 2nd year of study.
The bursary program may be awarded for different courses and for different durations, as such, bursaries may be awarded for courses that are 2 years or longer but the funding will then start from the 2nd year.
The Rotary Club of Newlands bursary is awarded based on 2 major criteria: financial need and academic merit.
MORE ABOUT THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & RENEWABILITY
The Bursary aims to cover the candidate’s registration and tuition fees, as well the costs for any books they may require, and is awarded per annum. Bursaries are generally awarded to cover 75% of the course fees, however students who perform exceptionally may receive funding up to 100% – this will be subjects to the availability of funds and at the discretion of the committee.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory performance. Bursary recipients will be favoured, depending on the decision from the committee, the work ethic of the student, as well as the availability of funds.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (non-citizens will be considered under exceptional circumstances)
- Preference will be given to students residing in the Western Cape province (students from other provinces may also apply, if they intend to stay in the Western Cape)
- You must have excellent academic results and merit
- You must be in financial need
- Preference will be given to students completing their first degree/ basic/ skills qualification
- You must be in your 2nd or later year of study (however, exceptional cases will be considered if you have strong Matric results, excellent references and work experience)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY
Download and complete the Rotary Club of Newlands Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including the most recent semester (on institutions letterhead)
- Written testimonial from your school headmaster/ teacher
- Written testimonial from a lecturer/ supervisor at the university you currently attend
- Motivational letter explaining why you chose your course of study
- Details of your community service
- Explanation stating why you need the funding
- Explanation of how you plan to cover the remainder of the costs
- Description of what you have done in the last 2 years
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International and Vocational Committee
Rotary Club of Newlands
P.O. Box 44735
NOTES ABOUT THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY
- Only written applications will be accepted.
- 2 candidates from the same family will NOT be granted bursaries at the same time.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEWLANDS BURSARY
There is no closing date, however, students should apply for funding at least 6 months before the academic year in which they require funding.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Rotary Club of Newlands directly:
Tel: 083 261 5656
Please do NOT contact the Rotary Club of Newlands if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 3 July 2021.