ABOUT THE COMPANY – SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
Located on the West Coast of South Africa, the Saldanha Bay Municipality forms part of the West Coast District Municipality. The Municipality covers an area of more than 2000 square kilometers, with a coastline of over 230 kilometers. Saldanha has Africa’s biggest natural port.
The municipality is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Swartland Municipality and the Bergrivier Municipality. The head office is based in Vredenburg, while satelite offices are located in Paternoster; Langebaan; St Helena Bay; Hopefield and Saldanha.
ABOUT THE SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Saldanha Bay Municipality are inviting students to apply for a bursary, for the 2021 academic year. Students who have parents or guardians residing within the Saldanha Bay Municipal Area, and are studying within any of these fields may apply (undergraduate Degree or National Diploma):
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded up to a maximum of 3 years, with the estimated bursary value is R70 000 per student, per year. Bursaries will be renewed each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Once students have successfully completed their studies, they will be required to enroll in the Saldanha Bay Municipality internship program.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted 4 June 2021 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be entering your first year of study in 2021
- You must be registered to full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate Degree or National Diploma)
- You must be registered to study at an accredited University or a University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric OR a minimum overall average of 50% AND a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics
- Preference will be given to students whose parents or guardians live within the Saldanha Bay municipal area
- Partial preference will also be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric results or latest record (certified copy)
- University or University of Technology proof of registration (on institutes letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of dependents on family income (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed, bank statements if unemployed)
- Parent/ guardian proof of address
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- Motivational letter (on 2 topics: what motivates you to study in your chosen field, why do you think you should receive a bursary – max 1000 words)
Please note: applications will be marked “incomplete” until final Matric results and proof of University/ University of Technology registration is received.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY
20 May 2021 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Saldanha Bay Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Athenkosi Gwanya
Tel: 022 701 6843
Please do NOT contact the Saldanha Bay Municipality if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 12 May 2021.