ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANRAL
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about SANRAL Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) was founded in 1998, with the aim of financing; maintaining; managing and developing the growing road network within South Africa, as well as to manage assets. Represented by the Minister of Transport, the South African government is SANRAL’s owner and sole shareholder.
The companies core values include: Integrity; Excellence; Care; Participation and Pro-activeness. SANRAL’s corporate centre is based in Pretoria and 4 regional locations are based in Cape Town; Port Elizabeth; Pretoria and Pietermaritzburg.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Each year SANRAL award bursaries to students who show a keen interest in studying and pursuing a career within the Civil Engineering industry. Bursaries will be awarded to Civil Engineering (BEng/ BSc/ postgraduate) students.
The bursary award will cover the following study expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, prescribed books, study equipment, compulsory seminars and excursions, accommodation, food and a living allowance.
Successful candidates will be contacted by 31 January 2020 at the latest – if you have not received any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying towards a Civil Engineering (BEng/ BSc/ postgraduate) degree qualification
- Studying or registering to study at a recognised South African university
- Preferably completed your 1st year of study or registered for your 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year/ postgraduate
- 1st year students will only be considered if they provide strong motivation
- Matric students will only be considered if they have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics, Physical Science and English AND registered to study at a recognised university
- Have NOT failed any subjects/ modules for the current year of study
- Proven financial need
- NOT currently receiving any other bursary funding or financial assistance from another institution
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary (written and signed by the applicant)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips)
Applications must be posted to:
1 Havenga Street
(Attention: Ms Harper/ Ms Erasmus)
30 September 2019.
(Applications open on 1 June 2019.)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SANRAL directly:
Contact People: Ms HA Harper/ Ms R Erasmus
Head Office – Tel: 012 844 8000
Pretoria – Tel: 012 426 6200
Pietermaritzburg – Tel: 033 392 8100
Port Elizabeth – Tel: 041 398 3200
Cape Town – Tel: 021 957 4600