ABOUT THE COMPANY – SARB
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read ful.l details
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is South Africa’s central bank, whose main purpose is to maintain price stability for sustainable economic growth within the country. SARB was established in the year 1921 after the passing of the “Currency and Bank Act of 10 August 1920” in Parliament. Before the Bank was established, South African commercial banks issued banknotes to the public.
The SARB are responsible for the following: ensuring that the banking, money and financial system in South Africa achieves the community requirements and keeps up to date with international developments, as well as helping the government (and other economic community members) of South Africa with data for macroeconomic policy, and lastly to provide the South African community and international stakeholders with feedback regarding the countries monetary policy and economic standing.
ABOUT THE SARB BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) are inviting students entering their 1st year of study in 2022, to apply for the bursary award. Bursaries will be awarded within fields of study related to the bank, including:
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Mathematical Statistics
ABOUT THE SARB BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be able to undertake paid vacation work with the SARB. On completion of their qualification, students will be required to work at SARB for the period of time equal to their bursary awarded.
Candidates may be required to undergo testing and attend an interview before being awarded a bursary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 1 month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) bursary is being administered by Career Wise.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SARB BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in possession of a valid South African ID document
- You must be under the age of 30 years old
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must have been accepted to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your current year of study
- You must be in financial need
- You must be unable to afford to attend university without a bursary
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SARB BURSARY
Applications can be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Online application at: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and Apply.
Please use the following as the promo code/ reference: SARB2022
2) Download and complete the SARB Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Hardcopy applications must be returned via one of the following methods:
– Email: email@example.com
– Fax: 086 609 7183
Mr John Legoete
P.O. Box 30632
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational essay to support your application (approximately 250 words)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SARB BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 7787 / 011 258 4464
Please do NOT contact Career Wise if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 28 May 2021.