ABOUT THE COMPANY – STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
Stellenbosch Municipality (officially known as Stellenbosch Local Municipality), is a sector of the South African government. Stellenbosch Municipality is responsible for governing the towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Pniel and surrounding rural areas within the Western Cape province. The Stellenbosch Municipality falls within the Cape Winelands District Municipality and is bordered by: The City of Cape Town Municipality, Theewaterskloof Municipality, the Breede Valley Municipality and Drakenstein Municipality, Cape Winelands District.
Stellenbosch is the 2nd oldest town in South Africa, founded in 1679 by the previous Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel. Stellenbosch is well known for its exquisite wines, fruit, beautiful cultural landscapes and breathtaking scenic quality.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Stellenbosch Municipality, partnered with the Western Cape Government via its Provincial Treasury Department, will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (Undergraduate or Postgraduate):
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Infrastructure (Civil Engineering and Quantity Surveying)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside permanently within the Stellenbosch Municipality’s municipal and surrounding areas
- Strong academic record
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying OR intend on studying at a registered Higher Educational and Training Institution in South Africa
- Currently unemployed youth
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ registration at tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Proof of address (Municipal account, affidavit) (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivery:
HR Specialist: Training & Skills Development
Human Resource Services
71 Plein Street
PO Box 17
(Note: emailed and faxed applications will NOT be accepted).
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 20 working days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
12 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Stellenbosch Municipality directly:
Contact people: Ms Michelle Langeveldt / Ms Shannon Snyman
Tel: 021 808 8977 / 021 808 8053