ABOUT THE COMPANY – SWARTLAND MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Swartland Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Swartland Municipality provide primary and secondary municipal services to the residents of the Swartland towns, which include Malmesbury; Darling; Yzerfontein; Riebeek West; Riebeek Kasteel; Chatsworth; Abbotsdale; Riverlands; Moorreesburg; Koringberg and Kalbaskraal.
The municipalities head office is located in Malmesbury and their services include: Civil and Electrical Engineering services, Development Services, Protection Services, Financial Services and Corporate Services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Swartland Municipality will be awarding bursaries to students, residing in the greater Swartland Municipal Area, who are studying towards an undergraduate qualification (degree/ diploma) in the following fields:
- Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Supply Chain Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees.
Successful candidates will be notified – should you not receive any feedback within 3 months of the bursary closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
1) The Swartland Municipality is committed to Employment Equity and the principles of Affirmative Action.
2) Students are required to submit progress reports at the end of July and November each year, to continue being funded by the bursary award.
3) If bursary recipients study performance is not satisfactory, Swartland Municipality is within their rights to cancel any further bursary payments and to disqualify the student from the Bursary Scheme.
4) Bursary recipients will be required to sign a Study Agreement with the Swartland Municipality.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 years
- Must be permanently residing within the greater Swartland Municipal area, in the Western Cape
- Must have completed Matric OR currently be in Matric
- Must be studying OR intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be studying OR intend on studying at an approved tertiary institute
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Accounting in Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Must NOT be currently in receipt of any other bursary awards
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged groups
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Swartland Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent residential address (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips certified copies/ sworn affidavits)
- Surety’s ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of registration fees
Applications must be submitted via post or hand delivered to:
Human Resource Section
Private Bag X52
(Please note that emailed or faxed applications will NOT be accepted).
19 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Swartland Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Gaynor April
Tel: 022 487 940