ABOUT THE COMPANY – TISO FOUNDATION
We (Sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Tiso Foundation Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Tiso Foundation, a Public Benefit Organization, was established in 2001 to provide bursaries, scholarships and other awards for research and teaching. Since the bursary programme began, over R100 million has been invested in over 50 students who have received funding towards their studies – in the future, the Foundation aims to support 20 students each year.
The Foundation, partnered with South African Universities, identify previously disadvantaged and underprivileged students who have shown determination and academic talent.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The Tiso Foundation tertiary bursary programme is open to students within ALL fields of studies (which are offered at Universities or Universities of Technology), and students are selected based on academic merit and financial need.
Bursary recipients receive academic support, as well as life skills training. Once students have graduated, they will have access to career opportunities via the Foundation’s network of relationships.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 18 and 34 years old
- From the previously disadvantaged group per the South African government guidelines (Indian, Coloured or African)
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for latest tertiary results (if a currently tertiary student)
- Proven financial need
- Currently unemployed
- Willing to give back to the community and take part in upliftment programmes
- Dedicated to your studies and have a positive attitude
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://tiso.devman.co.za/Devman/web/bursary/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration OR proof of acceptance at tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- References (with their contact details)
30 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Tiso Foundation directly:
Tel: 011 784 4111
Fax: 011 784 4110