ABOUT THE COMPANY – UCT DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about UCT Department of Information Systems Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 / read full details.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) launched the new School of Information Technology in 2018 due to the growing needs of the South African and international tech industry, as well as the increasing demand for university qualifications in the sector.
The faculty includes the fields of Science, Commerce and Humanities, offering a variety of courses and programmes, including Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Science, Informatics or Computer Science and Business Computing.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The UCT Department of Information Systems will be awarding 5 bursaries, to the top 5 performing candidates, for studies towards a BCom Honours degree majoring in Information Systems or BBusSci, majoring in Information Systems at the University of Cape Town.
Bursaries will cover 1 year of study, to the value of R60 000 each.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Applied for a full time BCom Honours, majoring in Information Systems OR currently enrolled in 4th year full time BBusSci, majoring in Information Systems studies for 2021
- Proven financial need (ie students who qualify via the National Means Test for Financial Aid (total family income of less than R350 000 per year) or GAP tuition bursaries (total family income is between R350 000 and R600 000 per year)
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for 3rd year Information Systems/ Computer Science courses
- Preference will be given to Black students (including African, Coloured and Indian)
- NOT full-time employed for the duration of the bursary (teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties are allowed)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet all of the above requirements, can apply by emailing: email@example.com
(Please insert the words “IS Honours Bursary 2021” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Official Academic transcript (on UCT letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter
- UCT Postgraduate Funding Form 10a (to be downloaded here: http://www.students.uct.ac.za/sites/default/files/image_tool/images/434/fees_funding/postgrad_degree_funding/bursaries_scholarships/need_merit/Form%2010A%202021.pdf)
31 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of Cape Town, School of IT directly:
Tel: 021 650 2261