ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – UKZN COLLEGE OF CAES
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about UKZN College of Agriculture, Engineering, and Science Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal was established in 2004 as a merger between the University of Natal and Durban-Westville. The University of KwaZulu-Natal consists of 5 main campuses, namely Edgewood, Howard College, Medical School, Pietermaritzburg, and Westville campus. The University’s campuses hold a number of colleges, specialising in different trades and disciplines.
The UKZN College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science (CAES) consists of 5 main schools: School of Agricultural, Earth, and Environmental Studies, School of Chemistry and Physics, School of Engineering, School of Life Sciences, and School of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of this college is Professor Albert Modi, who is supported by six school Deans of Teaching, Learning and Research.
ABOUT THE UKZN COLLEGE OF CAES BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The University of KwaZulu-Natal College of Agriculture, Engineering, and Science (CAES) is inviting students to apply for bursaries for the 2022 academic year.
These bursaries are made possible due to the generous donations of various donors. The College will be awarding numerous bursaries to Postgraduate students, for studies towards the following qualifications:
Agricultural or Agriculture Management (MSc)
- Donor: Donald Moore
- Number of bursaries available: 2
- Value of the bursary: R45 845 each
Horticulture (MSc or PhD)
- Donor: John Travers
- Number of bursaries available: 2 (1 for Masters of Science, and 1 for PhD studies)
- Value of the bursary: R34 422
Engineering (excludes Mechanical Engineering) (MScEng)
- Donor: TB Davis
- Number of bursaries available: 1
- Value of the bursary: R20 287
Mechanical Engineering (MScEng or PhD)
- Donor: Reino Stegan
- Number of bursaries available: 4 for Masters of Science in Engineering (MScEng) and for 4 Doctoral (PhD) studies
- Value of the bursary: MscEng: R50 000 each, and PhD: R55 000 each
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UKZN COLLEGE OF CAES BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
Agriculture or Agricultural Management:
- Must be a South African student
- Must be currently registered at the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Must be currently registered for one of the following qualifications: MSc in Agriculture or MSc in Agricultural Management
- Must have a credit weight average in Honours of at least 75%
- Must currently be registered for one of the following qualifications: MSc or PhD in Horticulture
- Must have a credit weighted average of at least 75% in your previous degree
Engineering (Excluding Mechanical Engineering):
- Must be an engineering graduate of the University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Must be currently registered for an MScEng qualification (excluding MScEng Mechanical Engineering)
- Must have a credit weighted average of at least 75% in your BScEng degree
- Must be registered for one of the following qualifications: MScEng or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a credit weight average of at least 75% in your previous degree
- Preference will be given to graduates of University of KwaZulu-Natal
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UKZN COLLEGE OF CAES BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Cover letter, which must include the following: which bursary you are applying for and why you would a suitable candidate for this programme, how you meet the eligibility criteria, and any other bursaries or scholarships you currently hold and the amount
- Proof of registration at UKZN
- Latest academic record
1) All your documentation should be complete and in one PDF file. Please label your file with your surname and student number (e.g. Surname_123456789)
2) There is no application form – students only need to submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Ms Maju Radebe: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “UKZN Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UKZN COLLEGE OF CAES BURSARY
15 August 2021 (at 16:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science (CAES) directly:
Contact Person: Ms Maju Radebe
Please do NOT contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 27 July 2021.