ABOUT THE COMPANY – VODACOM
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Vodacom Foundation Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read full details.
Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom), founded in 1994, is a South African mobile communications company which provides data; voice; messaging and converged services to its more than 50 million customers. Previously owned by Telkom and Vodafone (who each held a 50% shares), in 2008 Vodafone increased its stake in the company to 65%, while Telkom declared to list their remaining shares on the JSE. In fact, Vodacom is South Africa’s top cellular network with around 58% of the countries market share.
The company now operates not only in South Africa, but also has networks in Lesotho; Mozambique; Tanzania and the DRC, as well as providing services to customers in more than 40 countries in Africa, including Zambia; Nigeria; Angola; Ghana; Kenya; Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire.
ABOUT THE VODACOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Vodacom are inviting students to apply for the Vodacom Open Bursary Scheme, for the 2022 academic year. Every year, Vodacom awards bursaries to 110 deserving students, for studies in various fields – this year, bursaries will be awarded for studies in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electronic or Electrical Engineering (light current only)
- Information Systems
MORE ABOUT THE VODACOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to students who pass their Matric exams, as well as based on academic merit and need.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation, meals and transport.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30 November 2021 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Science in Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
Download and complete the Vodacom Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Passport sized photograph (head and shoulders) to be attached to the application form
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record/ transcript, if currently at tertiary (on official letterhead)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
CLOSING DATE FOR THE VODACOM BURSARY
30 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the administrators for the Vodacom bursary) directly:
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 011 258 4464 / 086 100 7787
Please do NOT contact Vodacom if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 27 April 2021.