ABOUT THE COMPANY – BITOU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Bitou Local Municipality is situated in the Western Cape Province and is part of the Eden District Municipality. The Category B Municipality is bordered by the Eastern Cape, as well as the George Municipality, the Kou-Kamma Municipality and the Knysna Municipality.
Previously known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, it is the easternmost municipality on the Western Cape’s coast, and cover over 990 square km of land between the Tsitsikamma Mountains and the Indian Ocean. Bitou Local Municipality is the smallest of the 7 municipalities within the district. Its towns include Plettenberg Bay, Kwanokuthula, Krantshoek, Keurboomstrand, Kurland, Nature’s Valley and Wittedrift.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Bitou Municipality are awarding bursaries for ANY field of study, so long as students studying at a recognized tertiary institution within the country.
On completion of the their studies, students are NOT obligated to work at the Municipality to pay back the bursary award.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted and required to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was not successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Resident of the Bitou Municipality
- Reside within the Bitou Municipality OR parents owns rateable property within the Bitou Municipality
- Completed Matric not before 2020 (only a Gap year + one year will be allowed)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from various Municipal Offices & Libraries during business hours.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric results or certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Acceptance/ provisional acceptance letter from your tertiary institution
- Tertiary institution’s banking details on an original bank letterhead
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslip if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Declaration by the student if in recipient of any other bursary funding
- Tertiary institutions banking details (on original bank letterhead)
Applications must be posted to:
The Manager: Office of the Executive Mayor
Bitou Local Municipality
4 Sewell Street
8 February 2021 (at 15:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bitou Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Miss Thandokazi Siphungu
Tel: 044 501 3008