Start your study adventure in Brunei Darussalam. Good news! Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate and masters studies. This scholarship provides monthly allowance of BND$ 650, accommodation and exemption from tuition fee.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is open to international students who intend to pursue undergraduate and masters studies at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and Politeknik Brunei (PB) of Brunei Darussalam. These scholarships are fully funded and are designed to attract high quality overseas students.
- Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Study in: Brunei Darussalam
- Program Period:
- Diploma: 3 Years
- Undergraduate Degree: 8 Semester (4 Year Full Time)
- Master Degree: 12 Months, 24 Months
- Deadline: February 15, 2024
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – www.kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
To qualify for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English, Malay or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2023/2024
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected]
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2023.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit for a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- For further enquiries please contact: E-mail: [email protected]
- Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
To know more about The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, please visit official website: