ABOUT THE COMPANY – OR TAMBO DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about O.R. Tambo District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The OR Tambo District Municipality is named after Oliver Reginald Tambo, an anti-apartheid revolutionary and politician who was president of the ANC from 1967 to 1991. It is one of 6 district municipalities and covers around 80% of previously marginalised homeland in the Transkei.
Located to the east of the of Eastern Cape, the OR Tambo District Municipality is bordered by the Amathole District Municipality; the Joe Gqabi District Municipality; the Alfred Nzo District Municipality and the Chris Hani District Municipality.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Bursaries will be awarded in various fields of study, to students entering their first year of study towards a Degree or Diploma qualification.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Enrolling for your first Degree or Diploma qualification
- Plan to stay in University residence while studying
- Disabled students are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the O.R. Tambo District Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Mid-year Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of University admission (provisional or full admission)
- Proof of acceptance to stay in University residence
- Proof of residence (to be obtained from your ward councilor or traditional authority)
- Proof of disability and the nature of your disability, if disabled
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians death certificates if deceased (certified copies)
- Affidavit confirming that all information on the application form is true and correct and confirming that documents are genuine
- Application letter written by the applicant themselves, with the following information:
(social background and academic details, parents or guardians employment details, applicants contact details, name of the local municipality, good reason why you deserve to be awarded a bursary. The letter should include the words “Bursary Application” in the subject line.)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Private Bag x 6043
2) Hand delivery:
O.R. Tambo District Municipality House
Nelson Mandela Drive
*Please note that emailed and faxed applications will not be accepted.
30 November 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the O.R. Tambo District Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Luvo Tshefu
Tel : 047 501 6400
Fax: 047 532 6518