ABOUT THE COMPANY – WEST COAST DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about West Coast District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The West Coast District Municipality (WCDM) is situated in the Western Cape province, alongside the Atlantic coast. The district municipality covers over 30 000 sqm and extends about 350 km from north to south. The seat of the district is Moorreesburg.
The district incorporates 5 local municipalities, including: the Saldanha Bay Municipality; the Bergrivier Local Municipality; the Matzikama Local Municipality; the Cederberg Local Municipality and the Swartland Municipality.
The WCDM’s main purpose is to share in the responsibility for local government and make sure that the communities within the area have access to resources and services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The West Coast District Municipality, partnered with the Department of the Western Cape (Provincial Treasury), will be awarding 3 bursaries to full time students within the following fields of study (undergraduate degree: NQF6/ NQF7 or National Diploma: NQF6)
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Internal Auditing
- Safety Management
- Supply Chain Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Each bursary will be for the maximum value of R60 000 (excluding accommodation). Bursary awards will be extended up to 3 years dependent on satisfactory performance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to enrol into the internship program at the West Coast District Municipality.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 30 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Parents or guardians reside within the West Coast region
- Intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Will be entering your 1st year of study in 2021
- Been accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at an accredited University/ University of Technology in South Africa
- From a historically disadvantaged background OR have a disability
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the West Coast District Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ Matric final results if you have not yet received your certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary provisional acceptance (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration fees (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of permanent residential address
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (3 latest payslips if employed: certified copies/ sworn affidavits if unemployed)
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- ID documents of other people dependent on family income (certified copies)
- Motivational letter including: what motivates you studying towards your chosen field, why you believe you should be awarded the bursary (max 1000 words, in your own handwriting on a separate piece of paper)
Applications must be submitted to:
West Coast District Municipality
Human Resources: Training and Development
P.O. Box 242
28 February 2021 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the West Coast District Municipality directly:
Training and Development section
Contact Person: Ms C Erasmus
Telephone: 022 433 8400