ABOUT THE COMPANY – EASTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Eastern Cape Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Eastern Cape Department of Health’s main mission is to provide easily accessible comprehensive services to their residents, with emphasis on primary health care. Situated within the Eastern Cape Province, the Eastern Cape Department of Health provides service delivery to over 6.5 million people – majority of whom reside in the OR Tambo and Nelson Mandela Metro districts.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Eastern Cape Department of Health will be awarding bursaries within the following Health-related fields of study:
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Clinical Psychology
- Dental Assistant
- Dentistry/ Dental Therapy
- Emergency Medical Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Oral Hygiene
- Orthotic & Prosthetic
- Speech Therapy
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
Once students have graduated from their studies, they will be required to work within the Eastern Cape Health sector and aim to give back to the community.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback by 15 February 2019, you can regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Permanently reside within the Eastern Cape province
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have applied to study at one of the following institutes: Witwatersraand University, Rhodes University, University of Pretoria, University of Free State, University of Kwazulu Natal, University of Western Cape, University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Limpopo, University of Potchestroom, University of Fort Hare, Walter Sisulu University, Nelson Mandela Metropole University, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Central University of Technology, Tshwane University of Technology, Durban Institute of Technology, UNISA
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Eastern Cape Dept of Health Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year and latest results, if currently in Matric
- Latest academic results, if at tertiary level
- Proof of application/ admission to a tertiary institution
- Proof of physical address
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension income or grant/ death certificate if deceased) (certified copies)
- Medical certificate if disabled
Applications must be submitted to your nearest EC District Office:
- District: Alfred Nzo (Contact Person: Ms Mbobo, Tel: 039 797 6082 / 060 557 9756)
- District: Amathole (Contact Person: Mr Mene, Tel: 043 707 6781 / 060 563 1247)
- District: Buffalo City (Contact Person: Ms Jukuju, Tel: 043 708 1700 / 073 487 7287)
- District: Chris Hani (Contact Person: Ms Shweni, Tel: 045 807 1100/ 045 807 1149 / 060 563 1233)
- District: Joe Gqabi (Contact Person: Mr Kometsi, Tel: 051 633 9630 / 051 633 9613)
- District: Nelson Mandela Bay (Contact Person: Ms Dubase, Tel: 041 506 2649 / 060 563 1377)
- District: O.R. Tambo (Contact Person: Ms Mtintsilana, Tel: 047 502 9086 / 083 378 0213)
- District: Sarah Baartman (Contact Person: Ms Wayiza , Tel: 041 408 8522 / 083 929 8273)
30 November 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Eastern Cape Department of Health directly:
Contact Person: Mr Seneliso Mbatha
Tel: 040 608 9670 / 040 608 9671 / 040 608 9672 / 040 608 9675