ABOUT THE COMPANY – IDC
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/ read ful.l details
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), established in 1940, is owned by the government of South Africa and is under the supervision of the Economic Development Department. The IDC is a national development finance institution, which provides youth enterprises, who are undertaking industrial development projects, with financial and non-financial support.
The institution was created with the aim of promoting economic growth and industrial development, as well as to contribute to sustainable job creation within the country, as well as across the rest of Africa.
The IDC provide financial assistance to entrepreneurs starting new enterprises, as well as companies wishing to extend their current operations, to a maximum of R1 billion
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The IDC bursary programme will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Science
- Geology (University of Technology studies, leading to a BTech qualification)
COMMERCE & IT:
- Accounting (CA Bcom)
- Computer Science
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Investment Management
- Information Technology
- Commercial Law (BCom)
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)
- Law (Postgraduate Diploma)
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: tuition, prescribed books, accommodation, a laptop and an allowance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for IDC for an amount of time equal to that of their bursary awarded.
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application by 20 December 2020 at the latest. If you do not receive any email correspondence, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Residing in South Africa
- Under 25 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University/ University of Technology/ TVET College (NOT a private institute)
- Achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- NOT currently in receipt of any other funding from a bursary or employer
- Proven financial need – based on total household income
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Students living in rural communities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/
You will be required to Register an account (https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/#Register) before you can Login (https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/#SignIn) and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of Registration/ provisional admission
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit or financial statements if self-employed/ sworn affidavit or death certificate if deceased/ divorce certificate if divorced/ sworn statement if separated) (certified copies)
31 October 2020.
(Applications open on 1 September 2020).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) directly:
Tel: 011 269 3374