ABOUT THE COMPANY – IMAS
we (sagist.co.za team) are please to inform you about Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS) Bursary South africa 2022-2023 | read full details
The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS) is an accredited training and educational institute that specialises in internationally recognized accountancy qualifications (on a professional level), as well as academic business qualifications.
The three pathways IMAS offers are:
1) CIMA: This is aimed at candidates who want a career in management, finance, business, risk management, accounting, consulting, and strategy. CIMA is the world’s largest body of management accounts in the world.
2) ACCA: This is aimed at candidates who want a carer in taxation, accounting, financing, internal and external auditing, as well as business. ACCA is one of the world’s largest bodies of professional accounts in the world.
3) ICB: The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a qualification that candidates can choose as their core specification from business management, financial accounting, or office administration.
IMAS continues to deliver a first-class standard of education in both part-time and full-time studies. They also offer their candidates Live Virtual Classes which they can access from the comfort of their own home.
ABOUT THE IMAS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS), partnered with the Finance and Accounting Services SETA (FASSET) are inviting students to apply for the Unemployed Graduate Bursary.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Global Professional Accountancy Qualifications:
- 18 bursaries will be awarded to Unemployed Graduates for studies towards Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and
- 13 bursaries will be awarded to Unemployed Graduates for studies towards Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA)
ACCA is an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification, with the aim of preparing students for financial and accounting roles in any organisation. An ACCA qualification allows the candidate to pursue a career in taxation, auditing, business, or accounting.
The CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) is the biggest professional body of accountants in the world and offers the most beneficial accounting qualification for a business career.
MORE ABOUT THE IMAS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
Bursary recipients will be expected to study at the IMAS Campus in Braamfontein (ACCA or CIMA). As such, it should be noted that transportation and accommodation costs are NOT covered by IMAS.
The bursary programme will provide cover for the following expenses: registration with CIMA or ACCA, exemption fees applicable on ACCA, subscription fees, tuition fees, study materials and exam fees (one attempt per subject).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMAS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must be a Black student OR you must be Black/ Coloured students residing within the Western Cape province
- You must be currently unemployed
- You must have completed a National Diploma or BCom Degree in 2019 or 2020
- You must have studied at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- You must intend on studying full-time or part-time at the IMAS Campus in Braamfontein (ACCA or CIMA)
- You must NOT be registered with another institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IMAS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: IMAS Unemployed Graduates Bursary
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Latest tertiary results (on tertiary institution letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IMAS BURSARY
30 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE IMAS BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact IMAS directly:
Contact person: Thabang Matsena
Tel: 086 143 4333/ 011 331 7343
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please do NOT contact IMAS if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 26 April 2021.