ABOUT THE COMPANY – MITCHELL’S PLAIN BURSARY AND ROLE MODEL TRUST
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust was founded as the result of Trevor Manuel’s deployment as the MP of the African National Congress to serve the Mitchell’s Plain constituency in 2009, whereby he discussed the need for education and skills with community leaders.
The Trust was launched at Spine Road High School in Mitchell’s Plain, Cape Town, on 16 June 2011 (Youth Day). The first bursary recipients were 15 matriculants from the high school in 2012, each receiving R10 000 towards their tuition fees.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust will be awarding bursaries within all fields of study.
The bursary provides partial financial assistance for registration and tuition fees (up to a certain amount). Applicants are encouraged to also apply for other bursaries, NSFAS and other funded loans or grants to cover tuition fees.
Students currently funded by the bursary scheme should reapply for funding each year. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and may be required to attend an interview. Candidates will be conditionally accepted based on their September results.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in the suburb of Mitchell’s Plain (in Cape Town, Western Cape)
- Currently in Matric at a Mitchell’s Plain high school OR a current bursary recipient of the Trust
- Have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution within the Western Cape (University of Cape Town/ University of the Western Cape/ University of Stellenbosch/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ FET colleges)
- Achieve high academic results
- In financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://mpbursarytrust.org.za/bursary-application-form/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of residence (parent/ guardian rates account or sworn affidavit)
New applicants should also add:
- Grade 11 final results
- Matric June and September results
- Proof of application to tertiary institution (on tertiary institution’s letterhead)
- Letter of support by school principal (on school letterhead)
- Motivational letter (written by the applicant explaining why they deserve to be awarded the bursary)
Current applicants should also add:
- June and September tertiary exam results
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust directly:
Contact Person: Genevieve Claassen